Sundown: Lieberman Thanks Clinton
Plus, Galliano spotted in London, Kushner wants the Dodgers, and more
• Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman met with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Washington today, and thanked her for the country’s tough stance on Iran. [Haaretz]
• Former Dior designer John Galliano was seen at a friend’s birthday party in London, one of his rare public outings since his highly publicized outburst last year. [NY Mag]
• Dave McKenna and Dan Steinberg talk D.C. sports reporting (and, of course, Dan Snyder). [Capital]
• A federal judge ordered that a baroque painting be returned to the heirs of Federico Gentili di Giuseppe, an Italian Jew who died in Paris in 1940. [AP/Online Athens]
• Adam Platt goes to Kutsher’s. [NY Mag]
Daily rate: $2
Monthly rate: $18
Yearly rate: $180
Tablet is committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing on Jewish life, all free of charge. We take pride in our community of readers, and are thrilled that you choose to engage with us in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse). Starting today, then, we are asking people who'd like to post comments on the site to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping us bring you the ambitious journalism that brought you here in the first place.
Readers can still interact with us free of charge via Facebook, Twitter, and our other social media channels, or write to us at email@example.com. Each week, we’ll select the best letters and publish them in a new letters to the editor feature on the Scroll.