Sundown: Is Iran Ready To Deal?
Plus Allen is back and more Jewish than ever, and more
• President Ahmadinejad hinted he may compromise with the West: Give up high-grade (e.g., weapons-quality) fuel enrichment in exchange for lower-grade fuel for a reactor. [Reuters/Haaretz]
• How the Flotilla Fiasco proved dialectically useful, opening up an opportunity for the diplomacy that culminated in today’s announcement of direct talks. [Ben Smith]
• Israel formally complained to the U.N. about a Lebanon-sponsored ship set to sail for Gaza Sunday with activists onboard. [Haaretz]
• Some radical Muslims despise the Park51 project. In fact, to them it is such an evil thing that, yup, guess whose fault it really is. [Pajamas Media]
• Your weekend reading assignment is this really long and provocative blogpost that has been making the rounds, on why some segments of European society have such a problem with Israel. [Jerusalem Letters]
A kosher taco truck featuring brisket and latke? Los Angeles, you win this round.