Daybreak: IDF Thwarts Large Sinai Attack
Reports of an IDF casualty remain unconfirmed by Israeli sources
• Three terrorists armed with explosive belts infiltrated Israel from Egypt today. They opened fire on a group of IDF soldiers and workers before being killed by the IDF forces. More details to come. [Reuters]
• A new poll says that 69% of Florida Jews plan to vote for President Barack Obama in the upcoming presidential election. [JTA]
• A Kuwaiti paper quoted an Egyptian security official that claims Egypt plans to use chemical weapons against terrorists in Sinai. [Times of Israel]
• According to newly declassified documents, the Mossad failed to adequately warn the Prime Minister’s Office about the 1973 Yom Kippur War, about which it had advance warning. [JTA]
• It’s Leonard Cohen’s 78th birthday. That is all.