By Hannah Pressman —
The dish was a staple for Sephardic Jews during the Spanish InquisitionBy David Mikics — Two new important histories look at Hitler’s fascination with Islam and Atatürk, the founder of modern TurkeyBy Todd Gitlin — Boycott and Divestment organizers protest an Israeli freighter’s arrival in Oakland, but the course they’ve set leads into an abyss
Kira Kazantsev, child of Russian immigrants, cites community's support
Ultra-Orthodox Jews across Israel attend the funeral of Zidan Sayif
Israel may face a wrenching choice between its democracy and Jewishness. And that’s normal.
- Read ‘One Gram Short,’ a New Story by Etgar Keret
- Eat More Hummus, Help End Smoking?
- OMGWTFBIBLE: In Which the Israelites Finally Peace Out of Egypt
- Watch: Three Grandmas Smoke Weed For the First Time
- Forensic pathologist is no regular ?Working Stiff?
- ?The Red Tent? puts down stakes as Lifetime miniseries
- Mike Nichols: From marked man to American icon
- The Embarrassing Real Housewives of Atlanta