Sundown: Mini-Rebellion in Kadima
Plus Peres visits his new BFF Canada, and more
• There’s some unrest among Kadima officials over party leader Shaul Mofaz’ joining the government. The head of the party council resigned; three party MKs did not vote for the deal. [JPost]
• President Peres is on a state visit to Canada, which if you’ve been paying attention you know has become a big friend to Israel of late. [JTA]
• Catching up with the Zuckerbergs, family of Mark. His father is a dentist! Wait, why am I acting like I’m shocked by that? [NY Mag]
• Berkowitz was denied parole for the sixth time. Next up: lucky number seven. [AP/Vos Iz Neias?]
• Do you want to win some delicious smoked fish for Mother’s Day? Enter our contest! [Tablet Magazine]
Obama is first sitting president to express support for gay marriage
Daily rate: $2
Monthly rate: $18
Yearly rate: $180
WAIT, WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO COMMENT?
Tablet is committed to bringing you the best, smartest, most enlightening and entertaining reporting and writing on Jewish life, all free of charge. We take pride in our community of readers, and are thrilled that you choose to engage with us in a way that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking. But the Internet, for all of its wonders, poses challenges to civilized and constructive discussion, allowing vocal—and, often, anonymous—minorities to drag it down with invective (and worse). Starting today, then, we are asking people who'd like to post comments on the site to pay a nominal fee—less a paywall than a gesture of your own commitment to the cause of great conversation. All proceeds go to helping us bring you the ambitious journalism that brought you here in the first place.
I NEED TO BE HEARD! BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY.
Readers can still interact with us free of charge via Facebook, Twitter, and our other social media channels, or write to us at email@example.com. Each week, we’ll select the best letters and publish them in a new letters to the editor feature on the Scroll.
We hope this new largely symbolic measure will help us create a more pleasant and cultivated environment for all of our readers, and, as always, we thank you deeply for your support.