Daybreak: Report Reax
Plus P.A. FM admits they don’t have the votes, and more in the news
• Defense Minister Ehud Barak assured the public of Israel’s military readiness but did not comment further on yesterday’s IAEA report finding significant evidence of an ongoing Iranian nuclear weapons program. [NYT]
• President Ahmadinejad apparently used the word “iota” when describing the distance his country wouldn’t retreat from its current path. [AP/WP]
• Like Israel, the United States isn’t saying much. [NYT]
• The Palestinian Authority’s foreign minister admitted that they won’t get the nine votes they need in the Security Council for full U.N. membership. [AP/WP]
• David Ignatius reports from Cairo, where the Coptic Christian community worries for its future and he worries for all minorities in the post-Arab Spring region. [WP]
• Some morning vlogging from senior writer Allison Hoffman?