Daybreak: Awkward Meeting Today!
Plus more immediate consequences of the speech
• A report on the meeting today reveals that Prime Minister Netanyahu angirly phoned Secretary of State Clinton yesterday morning when he got wind of the ’67 remark. [NYT]
• Which is weird, because this was basically the policy of President Obama’s predecessor. [Goldblog]
• Israeli opposition leader Tzipi Livni slammed the prime minister for reacting as he did to Obama’s speech, which, she argued, was “not anti-Israel.” [JPost/Vos Iz Neias?]
• One thing that seems clear is that the other four-fifths of the speech, about the Arab Spring and the like, were overshadowed by this section. [WSJ]
• And Arab officials did not feel satisfied by the speech, either. [NYT]
• The right-wing Zionist Organization of America called on AIPAC to withdraw its speaking invitation to Obama. He is scheduled to address its confab Sunday night. [JTA]