Sundown: Happy Hanukkah!
Plus Hamas, Pakistan, latkes, and more
Happy Hanukkah, Chappy Chanukkah, or however else you prefer to spell it.
• Hamas’s top Gaza figure said the group would abide by any peace treaty President Abbas negotiates if it is approved by a global Palestinian referendum. So all we have to do now is write that treaty. [WSJ]
• After the 2008 attack on the Mumbai Chabad house, Pakistani spies contacted Israeli spies to help protect Jewish sites in India on the condition that the connections remain secret, WikiLeaks revealed. Oops. [Reuters/Haaretz]
• Latkes-as-crackers. [NYT]
• This is actually an unusually novel take on the whole Hanukkah vs. Christmas in an ex-intermarriage debate. [Dadwagon]
• Samuel Cohen, inventor of the neutron bomb, died at 89. [NYT]
• The CBS radio reporter got off with probation for marijuana possession. His wife, an Israeli reporter, wasn’t charged. [Washington City Paper]
A German Hanukkah song! Music is great for overcoming cognitive dissonance.