Sundown: Soldier Recounts Raid
We’re getting all ver-Klimt, and more
• The commander who landed on the biggest flotilla ship says he was beaten, threatened by knives, and thrown down a deck. [Ynet]
• After confiscating weapons, and not including expired medicine (which was apparently most of it), the Israeli military transported the flotilla’s aid cargo into Gaza. [Arutz Sheva]
• Turkey’s foreign minister criticized the United States for preventing a stronger condemnation. [WSJ]
• Mossad head Meir Dagan, who is widely respected, testifed, “Israel is becoming less of a strategic asset for America.” [JPost]
• A Holocaust victim’s heirs are preparing to auction off a Gustav Klimt for as much as an estimated $26 million. [Ynet]
• Seeds from a kibbutz-made, genetically-modified type of cherry tomato are selling for $160,000 per pound (!). [LAT]
Kaus for Senate!
And, 20 years ago, Wellstone for Senate!
Those are some fast Jews!