It’s Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry’s!
And we suggest Jewish-themed flavors
Meanwhile, why don’t founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield encourage the company to honor their roots by offering a Jewish-themed flavor? Or five? Tablet Magazine staffers came up with the following suggestions (some of which have better chances than others):
• Promised Land: Malted-milk flavored ice cream with honey swirls.
• Jewcy Fruit: Berry ice cream with bits of (swallow-able) fruit-flavored gum.
• Shaved Shabbat: Horchata-flavored ice cream with shaved ice.
• A Great Miracle Happened Here: Potato ice cream with apple swirls.
• The Big Tzimmes: Carrot ice cream with prune and apricot ‘core’.
• Bubbelicious: Chicken broth-flavored ice cream with matzoh ball nuggets.
• A Sweet New Year: Honey ice cream with cinnamon-apple swirl.
• Macaroon Lagoon: Coconut with chocolate chips and fudge swirls.
• Meshuggah Cookie: Sugar cookie-flavored ice cream with pieces of sugar cookie and rainbow sprinkles.
• Find the Afikomen: Chocolate-dipped matzoh in a ginger ice cream.
• The Exodus: Strawberry (red sea) on two sides, vanilla up the middle.
• Gefilte Phish Food: Chocolate ice cream, caramel, marshmallow, and tiny chocolate carp, pike, and whitefish.
Got any others? Leave ‘em in the comments!