Daybreak: Israel Squandering Natural Gas Chance?
Plus calls for greater involvement in Syria gather steam
• Marred by infighting and red tape, the deal to tap Israel’s natural gas field Leviathan could ultimately derail the state’s deal with Woodside Petroleum. [Globes]
• Tennessee Senator Bob Corker added his name to a growing list of political figures urging the United States to step up its involvement in the Syrian civil war. His opinion piece comes a day after allegations spread about Syrian dictator Bashar Assad’s use of chemical weapons in battle. [NYT]
• As the metzitzah b’peh circumcision pratice garners controversy in Germany, Israel’s chief rabbinate signed off on the practice, saying it is preferred. [JTA]
• David Rothkopf argues that two years into the Arab Spring, it may be time to take the side of authoritarian regimes over unrelenting chaos. [FP]
• Oui, oui. France becomes the 14th country to legalize gay marriage. [Bloomberg]