Sundown: Canada Neutralizes Railroad Threat
Plus what’s happening in East Ramapo?
• A terrorist plot to blow up the railroad between Toronto and New York City was reportedly thwarted by Canadian security forces working with their American counterparts. [Reuters]
• New York reports on the intense social tensions between the Hasidic and immigrant communities of East Ramapo, New York, involving the town’s school system. [NYMag]
• Liam Hoare has a thoughtful essay on what it means to be a liberal British Zionist. [Tower]
• An Iranian man with a fake Israeli passport was apprehended in Nepal and was reportedly planning a series of attacks on the Israeli embassy in Kathmandu and the country’s Israeli visitors. [JPost]
• Seth MacFarlane to host the Oscars again? Apparently, it’s possible. Jewcy has the report. [Jewcy]