Daybreak: April Showers Bring Resignations
Plus Amar’e Stoudemire to help coach the Canadian Maccabiah team? Yes.
• Sacre bleu! Hours after French Chief Rabbi Gilles Bernheim defiantly said he would not quit after it was revealed that he had committed plagiarism and claimed academic titles he hadn’t earned, Bernheim is going to resign after all. [ToI]
• Not to be outdone, Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad is tendering his resignation after a falling out with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas over the Palestinian finance minister’s departure. We’ll see if he actually goes. [Gatestone]
• Knicks power forward Amar’e Stoudemire will bring his poutine knees to Israel this summer as an assistant coach of the Canadian Maccabiah basketball team in July. Fortunately for him, he’ll be well rested once the Knicks are cast out of the playoffs. [NYT]
• Five Women of the Wall members were detained during their monthly Rosh Hodosh services at the Kotel for wearing prayer shawls. Another man was also reportedly detained…for trying to set one of the worshipper’s prayer books on fire. [JTA]
• HuffPost editor Adam Goldberg tried his hand at stand-up comedy last night. [YouTube]