Sundown: Calls for Bipartisanship Ring Out
Plus Turkey and Syria continue to heat up
• Less than 24 hours after the U.S. election, Speaker of the House John Boehner suggested he might be willing to compromise on taxes as the country revisits the “fiscal cliff” and calls for political bipartisanship remain a theme of the post-election narrative. [WaPo]
• Turkish officials have suggested that they might deploy Patriot missile batteries to create a no-fly zone over northern Syria. The move would help keep Syrian rebels safe from bombardment by forces loyal to the Assad regime. [NYT]
• After a long hiatus and a scandal, former Representative Anthony Weiner has returned to Twitter. [NYMag]
• Jacob Silverman writes sharp on women and comedy and takes a look at Yael Kohen’s first book. [Jewcy]
• A slightly uncomfortable video in which Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu meets with U.S. Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro and congratulates President Obama on his re-election.