Robin Saikia is a British travel writer and historian based in London and Venice. He is the author of The Venice Lido, the first ever full-length historical and cultural guide to Venice's glamorous beach resort, The Horn Book: A Victorian Sex Manual; Munich: A Third Reich Tourist Guide; and The Red Book: The Membership List of The Right Club, 1939; among others.
British author Robin Saikia looks back at the two artists’ work
By Shaul Magid — Jacob Neusner shows how an identity founded on oppression and persecution limits the potential of the DiasporaBy Delphine Horvilleur — In memory of the murdered 'Charlie Hebdo' satirist, book lover, therapist, JewBy Stephanie Butnick —
Bartenura Moscato's unlikely journey from Shabbat table to music video
Shuka Truck offers several takes on the Middle Eastern egg-and-tomato dish
Rivky Stein testifies against her husband, who won't grant her a Jewish divorce
Amedy Coulibaly reportedly asked security guards if there were Jews inside
In a new memoir, the controversial ‘New York Times’ columnist connects dots between dislocation and his mother’s depression
Israel Story, Episode 5: From red heifers and golden calves to the mooing mascot of radical vegans everywhere
The cartoonist’s grahic memoir made many Top Ten lists this year. Here’s what she had to say about it.
- Alert: Chelsea Handler is in Israel
- Watch Americans Taste Classic Israeli Snacks For the First Time
- Israeli Creates Yarmulke-Wig Hybrid to Protect Jews From Violent Attacks
- OMGWTFBIBLE: Live From Limmud UK With Rachel Rose Reid!
- An open letter to Josh Mankiewicz & Dateline NBC
- Solving the enigma: Producing Alan Turing?s story, against all odds
- Did Charlie Hebdo fail as satire?
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Week 10 Recap