Maya Benton is International Center of Photography consulting curator and curator of the Roman Vishniac Archive. Her book, Roman Vishniac, was published by Delpire/Actes Sud in September, 2014. A retrospective exhibition and archive catalog, Roman Vishniac Rediscovered, will be published by ICP/Prestel in 2015. She is based in Paris.
‘Chayla in Shul’ will be displayed in London’s National Portrait Gallery
The work, lost for a century, depicts Edgardo Mortara, an Italian Jewish boy seized by Church authorities
The museum removed photos of gay men at Berlin’s Holocaust memorial from an exhibit on sex and identity
By Shaul Magid — Jacob Neusner shows how an identity founded on oppression and persecution limits the potential of the DiasporaBy Stephanie Butnick —
Burning questions for the Patriots quarterback after NYT Magazine profileBy Stephanie Butnick —
Bartenura Moscato's unlikely journey from Shabbat table to music video
Seventy people, speeding into the unknown
Talmudic rabbis ask what agency young women have in determining their fate in sex, marriage, and divorce
Rivky Stein testifies against her husband, who won't grant her a Jewish divorce
Shuka Truck offers several takes on the Middle Eastern egg-and-tomato dish
In a new memoir, the controversial ‘New York Times’ columnist connects dots between dislocation and his mother’s depression
Israel Story, Episode 5: From red heifers and golden calves to the mooing mascot of radical vegans everywhere
The cartoonist’s grahic memoir made many Top Ten lists this year. Here’s what she had to say about it.
- Alert: Chelsea Handler is in Israel
- Watch Americans Taste Classic Israeli Snacks For the First Time
- Israeli Creates Yarmulke-Wig Hybrid to Protect Jews From Violent Attacks
- OMGWTFBIBLE: Live From Limmud UK With Rachel Rose Reid!
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Week 11 Recap
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Week 12 Recap
- An open letter to Josh Mankiewicz & Dateline NBC
- Solving the enigma: Producing Alan Turing?s story, against all odds