Lee Smith is a senior editor at the Weekly Standard and a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute. He is also the author of the recently published The Consequences of Syria.
The theater of the peace process was key to U.S. hegemony in the Middle East—and without the process, there will be no peace
Despite talk of a diplomatic thaw between Washington and Tehran, the U.S. is already locked in battle
As Washington looks for a diplomatic solution with Iran, Israel’s American-born interlocutor translates for Jerusalem
Obama says his Syria move sent Tehran a message on nukes, but the mullahs have Washington cornered
In the wake of the military takeover, realists and neocons revisit the legacy of George W. Bush’s Freedom Agenda
By Stephanie Butnick —
Burning questions for the Patriots quarterback after NYT Magazine profileBy Marjorie Ingall — Is putting other kids’ health at risk really a Jewish value?By Shaul Magid — Jacob Neusner shows how an identity founded on oppression and persecution limits the potential of the Diaspora
The Jewish state seeks to bring the Bedouin in from the desert
Willkommen out of the closet!
Bartenura Moscato's unlikely journey from Shabbat table to music video
In a new memoir, the controversial ‘New York Times’ columnist connects dots between dislocation and his mother’s depression
Israel Story, Episode 5: From red heifers and golden calves to the mooing mascot of radical vegans everywhere
The cartoonist’s grahic memoir made many Top Ten lists this year. Here’s what she had to say about it.
- Alert: Chelsea Handler is in Israel
- Watch Americans Taste Classic Israeli Snacks For the First Time
- Israeli Creates Yarmulke-Wig Hybrid to Protect Jews From Violent Attacks
- OMGWTFBIBLE: Live From Limmud UK With Rachel Rose Reid!
- Schmoozing with Mel Brooks, the 88-year-old man
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Week 11 Recap
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Week 12 Recap
- An open letter to Josh Mankiewicz & Dateline NBC